It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:31 am

Can't get the Wii to stop buffering every 10 to 30 seconds 

Post Can't get the Wii to stop buffering every 10 to 30 seconds
Setup is Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium PC with latest Orb release 2.5 (laterst as of today).

I can watch my recorded shows via a Web Browser no problem (no buffering issues). However, when
I try and play my recordings on my Wiii (Opera Web Browser) I get constant stops to buffer (the buffer loading
icon keeps popping up and the playback stops). I have tried connecting the Wii to my Wireless router
via Ethernet cable (USB to Ethernet Wii converter cable) and just using the built in Wireless (Wireless G in Wii) but
the same problem happens. It basically makese using the Wii with Orb to play recorded shows not possible.

I did see the Orb web site advertise the Wii as a supported device.

Can anyone from Orb or other forum members help solve this issue?

Thanks

Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:04 am
Power User

Post Re: Can't get the Wii to stop buffering every 10 to 30 seconds
I suspect that you are streaming via Orb stream servers, so the quality is poor.

To verify that, you should look at your OrbStreamerProxy.log and search for a keyword Server video stream

Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:09 pm

wizkid wrote:
I suspect that you are streaming via Orb stream servers, so the quality is poor.

To verify that, you should look at your OrbStreamerProxy.log and search for a keyword Server video stream

++++++++++++++

As mentioned in my original post, I installed Orb on my Windows 7 Home Premium PC. I did not see options to
setup different stream servers. You mention the likely reason for my poor video quality is that I am Streaming
via Orb stream servers. What are these servers and if I should be using a differnet stream server how would I change it. Please explain a bit about what Orb Stream servers are. I assumed when I setup Orb the Orb software will act as a server and stream to all my clients (PC's PS3, Wii, etc..).

Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:24 am
Power User

If Orb is unable to connect your client device directly then the stream passes through our server and then it will reach your client. This might be due to several reasons like firewall / internet security / anti-virus blocking ports or some third party software would be using port 80.

To stream directly from your Orb PC to your Wii we request you to read the following articles:

Configuring ports for DirectStream in 2.5x series
What is DirectStream, and what does it do (this article is applicable for 2.01 series of Orb)?
How do I stream inside my LAN without going through the Internet?

Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:49 am

wizkid wrote:
If Orb is unable to connect your client device directly then the stream passes through our server and then it will reach your client. This might be due to several reasons like firewall / internet security / anti-virus blocking ports or some third party software would be using port 80.

To stream directly from your Orb PC to your Wii we request you to read the following articles:

Configuring ports for DirectStream in 2.5x series
What is DirectStream, and what does it do (this article is applicable for 2.01 series of Orb)?
How do I stream inside my LAN without going through the Internet?

Wizkid: Thanks for the info. above. I looked at articles above and I changed the registry to have Orb use TCP port 81 instead of 80 and that fixed the problem of not being able to stream. I have skpype and logmein running on PC and I am thinking they were using TCP port 80 but not sure.

I know have one last problem:

I have installed Orb.com server on my Windows 7 Home Prem 64 bit PC. I also have installed a Hauppague 2250 PCIe dual tuner. Using Windows 7 Media Center I am able to records shows and play them back with video and audio fine in Media Center as well as from Orb Web login from other PC. I can also user Orb login in Web browser and view (stream) live TV from TV Tuner input (s-video, L-R composite audio) from my DirectTV set top box.

The problem is: When I login to Web browser for Orb login and record a show on my Orb Windows 7 PC it records but the video playback with Media Player on Orb PC and via Orb Web browser only plays the video. There is no audio.

If I play back a Video from the TV Tuner card that was recorded via Media Center (.wtv) format the Media Player on Orb PC and the Web Browser (remote PC) Orb login it plays the Video and Audio fine. Does Orb allow you to record in .wtv (like Win 7 Media center does?

It seems the recording of the video by Orb which records in .dvr-ms format is for some reason not recording the audio. I think it probably is defaulting to some other audio source than the Hauppauge 2250 composite (L-R) audio input from my set top box. Can not see where to confighure this or if this is even the problem.

Thanks for any help I have spent a bunch if time searching orb forum, microsoft, google etc. but no idea yet how to fix this.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:55 am
Power User

Thanks for the details. To troubleshoot your recorded TV file issue we request you try the below steps and submit your logs:

- Quit Orb
- Set Loglevel to 4 (see instructions below)
- Start Orb
- Try streaming a Live TV channel via http://mycast.orb.com (Stop streaming)
- Record a Live TV channel via Orb for few mins
- Stream the recorded file (dvr-ms file via Orb)
- Zip up and attach your Orb logs to userlogs@orb.com, also reference your forum post in your email.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:06 am

wizkid wrote:
Thanks for the details. To troubleshoot your recorded TV file issue we request you try the below steps and submit your logs:

- Quit Orb
- Set Loglevel to 4 (see instructions below)
- Start Orb
- Try streaming a Live TV channel via http://mycast.orb.com (Stop streaming)
- Record a Live TV channel via Orb for few mins
- Stream the recorded file (dvr-ms file via Orb)
- Zip up and attach your Orb logs to userlogs@orb.com, also reference your forum post in your email.

wiizkid: Thanks for the help. I have followed your instructions and sent zip of logs in just now. Please note, I am using a Hauppauge 1800 PCIe dual tuner. I also tried recording with the Hauppauge WinTV 7 Program that comes with the Win-TV card and it records in .ts fomat (MPEG-2 TS video) and it records fine and plays back the video using Media Player with working video and audio. I also tried converting a video recorded with Win 7 Media Center (.wtv) by right clicking and converting (via WTV converter) to .ms-dvr. THat video then plays fine audion and video with media player. I then see in Orb forum that Orb installs and uses Dscaler5 for MPEG-2 files (dvr-ms, mpg mpeg, etc.).

http://support.orb.com/kb/print/321/

So it seems the Dscaler5 is not working from my Hauupauge 1800 card. WHat other OrbSupported codec works will with Orb that will work with Hauppauge 1800 audio (if that is the problem). Also, how do you change the Orb used codec? See below for Orb Default Dscaler5 for MPEG2:

The Dscaler5 FAQ states
Which capture card can I use ?
Almost any card (and that means A LOT) based of former Brooktree (now Conexant) chips including bt848/878/879 will work for video only. Why those ? These chips are easy to program (there has been A LOT of software based on those) and are very cheap. This means many manufacturers have (and are still) produced cards based on those chips.

Sound from the tuner is not always supported and adding this for a lot of cards is not a developement priority.

While we can't (and won't) claim "this card is the one you need", here are a few that have been sucessfully used by some users.

Zoltrix Genie TV http://www.zoltrix-int.com/products/vid ... XGENIE.htm
The WinTV series from Hauppage http://www.hauppage.com/html/products.htm
Guillemot maxi video 3 http://fr.guillemot.com/brand/gamme/vid ... dpci3.html
The Pinacle Studio PCTV http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage.asp?Product_ID=6
Take a look at the card list. This will never be complete so feel free to drop us an email reporting your experience with DScaler and your card. Also note that just because a card is on the list does not mean that it will work properly. Some features especially sound may not work correctly.

Thanks for your or your help.
http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/FAQ.htm

Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:05 am
Power User

We have responded to your email. Please revert to the same after trying our suggestion.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:04 am

Post Re: Can't get the Wii to stop buffering every 10 to 30 secon
I had also buffering issues.
please have a look here:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=22564&p=81035#p81035

good luck!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:05 pm