Unable to stream Live TV - Avermedia A323 Minicard Hybrid
Supported Tuner not working - need help ?
Note: This thread is only for users who can stream everything but Live TV on their Orb PC or any other PC/ Mobile/ iPhone
/ iPod Touch
Of late, we have had quite a few of our users reporting that they are unable to stream LiveTV in spite of having a supported tuner. Don’t worry, we will try our best to help you resolve your issue.
If you have a supported tuner (MPEG-2 Analog (with built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder) / ATSC / DVB-T) and if you can’t stream Live TV for some reasons, please let us know the following so we can try and help you:
- What's the Operating System on which Orb software (Orb PC) is installed ? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 64 Bit
- What is the EXACT make/model of the Tuner?
Avermedia A323 Minicard Hybrid ATSC
- Is your tuner working fine on its native PVR application?
- Are you sure that you installed the latest tuner drivers? (e.g. like MCE / Vista compatible drivers)
10/18/2009 220.127.116.11 Yes Verified by HP WEBSITE
- Has your tuner ever worked with Orb? If yes, then in which version of Orb did it work?
2.2 IT worked under windows vista then stopped working with upgrade to win 7
- What's the exact error message that you encounter when you try to stream Live TV via Orb ?
COnnection Timed Out
- Are you sure that your tuner is not in use by another application when you are trying to stream it via Orb?
NOthing else is running.
- Is your TV signal Analog or Digital (ATSC or DVB-T)?
- Is your TV signal connected via RF or S-Video or Composite?
- Did you try recording a Live TV channel via Orb?
- If yes then can you "Play" the recorded DVR-MS file locally in Windows Media Player?
Please set your log level to 4 (see instructions below), try streaming Live TV then zip up your Orb Logs folder after failed attempts and email your logs to email@example.com
with subject "Supported Tuner not working".
To set Log Level to 4 (debug mode - generates more log information which helps diagnosis):
- Stop Orb - Click Start > Run > then type: regedit
- 32bit PC: Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | Software | OrbNetworks | Orb
- 64bit PC: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Wow6432Node | Orb Networks | Orb
- double-click LogLevel, enter 4 and click OK - Start Orb and try again.
Make sure to include your complete system specifications (exact OS version, Service Pack, CPU, RAM, etc) and a detailed description of the problem and any other information you think could be relevant to this issue.
Thank you very much.