It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:31 am

Unable to stream Live TV - Avermedia A323 Minicard Hybrid 

Post Unable to stream Live TV - Avermedia A323 Minicard Hybrid
Supported Tuner not working - need help ?
Note: This thread is only for users who can stream everything but Live TV on their Orb PC or any other PC/ Mobile/ iPhone/ iPod Touch

Of late, we have had quite a few of our users reporting that they are unable to stream LiveTV in spite of having a supported tuner. Don’t worry, we will try our best to help you resolve your issue.

If you have a supported tuner (MPEG-2 Analog (with built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder) / ATSC / DVB-T) and if you can’t stream Live TV for some reasons, please let us know the following so we can try and help you:

- What's the Operating System on which Orb software (Orb PC) is installed ? 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 64 Bit

- What is the EXACT make/model of the Tuner?
Avermedia A323 Minicard Hybrid ATSC
- Is your tuner working fine on its native PVR application?
Yes
- Are you sure that you installed the latest tuner drivers? (e.g. like MCE / Vista compatible drivers)
10/18/2009 1.1.64.54 Yes Verified by HP WEBSITE
- Has your tuner ever worked with Orb? If yes, then in which version of Orb did it work?
2.2 IT worked under windows vista then stopped working with upgrade to win 7
- What's the exact error message that you encounter when you try to stream Live TV via Orb ?
COnnection Timed Out
- Are you sure that your tuner is not in use by another application when you are trying to stream it via Orb?
NOthing else is running.
- Is your TV signal Analog or Digital (ATSC or DVB-T)?
ANalog
- Is your TV signal connected via RF or S-Video or Composite?
RF
- Did you try recording a Live TV channel via Orb?
NO
- If yes then can you "Play" the recorded DVR-MS file locally in Windows Media Player?

Please set your log level to 4 (see instructions below), try streaming Live TV then zip up your Orb Logs folder after failed attempts and email your logs to userlogs@orb.com with subject "Supported Tuner not working".

To set Log Level to 4 (debug mode - generates more log information which helps diagnosis):

- Stop Orb - Click Start > Run > then type: regedit
- 32bit PC: Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | Software | OrbNetworks | Orb
- 64bit PC: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Wow6432Node | Orb Networks | Orb
- double-click LogLevel, enter 4 and click OK - Start Orb and try again.

Make sure to include your complete system specifications (exact OS version, Service Pack, CPU, RAM, etc) and a detailed description of the problem and any other information you think could be relevant to this issue.

Thank you very much.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:42 am
Power User

Post Re: Unable to stream Live TV - Avermedia A323 Minicard Hybrid
Thanks for the details. Please send us your OrbLogs after following our instructions so we can try and help you.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Post Re: Unable to stream Live TV - Avermedia A323 Minicard Hybri
Hi,i downloaded orb on my pc and the tuner found my channels,but when i go to live tv in my ipod touch app and select the channel nothing happens,then it just goes back to the channel list,it does the same on my ps3 aswell,but it plays my video and music files no problem,i have windows 7 64 bit and my tuner card is videomate SAA7231 Hybrid+DVBS Capture,it played my tv picture in the air tv app i downloaded,but the picture froze alot,so i tried to get it to work in orb.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:26 pm
Power User

lathockar wrote:
i have windows 7 64 bit and my tuner card is videomate SAA7231 Hybrid+DVBS Capture,it played my tv picture in the air tv app i downloaded,but the picture froze alot,so i tried to get it to work in orb.
To narrow down your issue, please enlighten me with the following:

- Are you trying to stream analog / digital channels?
- Are you able to stream Live TV on your Orb PC via http://mycast.orb.com?
- Exact Orb (Click Orb tray - Control Panel - General) / Orb Live (Tap Orb Live - settings) version installed?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:29 am

unable to watch my live TV on the Orb website nor my phone
I'm using Hauppauge 1950 hvr usb2 video capture with Orb v2.57. I running on windows vista

Home Premium 32 bit with Intel Pentium CPU 2,80GHz 2.80 GHz RAM 1.00 GB. I can see my

videos on the Orb website, however, when I do a TV recording on my PC, I have to convert

the recorded video file from ts to mp4 in order for it to read on the Orb website. That's a

pain. In the Orb PC software, I have trouble once I get to the "configuring your Analog

Tuner window" I have a top box which is a Directv box. Once I select top box and click to

the next window, my computer freezes with just the hour glass turning around preventing me

from selecting the proper feed selection for my top box. Its already grayed out with

channel 3. I need to select composite. At one point, it did allow me to select composite

however, it froze right after that.
I will appreciate any support regarding this matter.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:18 am
Power User

slowfingers5 wrote:
unable to watch my live TV on the Orb website nor my phone
I'm using Hauppauge 1950 hvr usb2 video capture with Orb v2.57. I running on windows vista
Please send us your Orb logs to userlogs@orb.com after the following the instructions given in this forum post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12841

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:31 pm