It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:42 pm

How to optimize the flash encoding? 

Post How to optimize the flash encoding?
Hi,

After nearly ripping up floors and drilling lots of holes to fit a cable in so I can watch all my content upstairs on the projector, I stumbled across Orb. I have to say that this is a fantastic program and keep up the good work.

I can get Orb to work extremely well on both my local PCs wirelessly and my PC at work with both audio and video through windows media player, however the reason I installed the software was to watch my movies on the big screen through my Wii. When using the Flash version through either my Wii and even the PC with Orb installed the picture quality is jumpy with some bad blocks showing up on certain scenes. Is this a common problem as it is really bugging me that I cant watch what I want through the Wii? Is it possible to use the Macromedia flash encoder in real time instead of the Orbs version?

Anyone got some good ideas on how to make the flash as seamless as the WM stream?

Thx

Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:08 pm

Post Wii video quality, Transcode options for DVD?
I am not sure there will be an easy solution to watching quality video on the wii using any of the available methods. Plus, the Wii is only 480i/p, not true HD quality.

Orb+Wii seems to be network dependent, I nearly always have buffering problems. This is ok for watching home videos or crap from youtube, but not for watching DVDs.

Plus, the Wii browser has that silly giant navigation bar that never goes away (for now, the full Opera browser should get rid of it).

There are other projects out there (Red Kawa, WiiCR) but I think orb is currently the best and easiest method to do anything on the Wii.

I wonder if there is a transcoding we can use that will make DVD video acceptable on the Wii, in terms of quality and streamability (sic). I need to do something to my DVDs, they are not playable on orb currently since they don't play continuously or in order.

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:36 am

The problem is that its a bit shoddy with just an xvid/mpeg file as well. It works sweet through windows media on my laptop, but through flash player on the wii it goes a bit blocky (tried deblocking with FFdshow and other stuff!)

Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:25 pm